Pesto Pizza!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

This was delicious and very simple! I made it twice in one day!

So I made pesto using any recipe you find online or you can buy it ready made. Whenever I make anything, I ALWAYS modify it to my tastebuds, so sometimes I never really keep track of how I'm modifying it, which is what happened in the case of this pesto unfortunately.

Ingredients:
1 Mama Mary's Thin Crust Pizza Crust
1/4 c. pizza sauce
1/4 c. pesto
1/2 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
Salt to taste
1/2 Fresh Lemon

1. Turn oven on to 350 degrees F. During its pre-heat time, put the crust in the oven.
2. When the oven is done pre-heating, take the crust out. Spread on the pizza sauce.--its not supposed to be too saucy--just a thin layer
3. Spread on the pesto on top of the sauce. It's okay if the two mix.
4. Throw on the cheese and shake on some salt and squeeze on some fresh lemon juice.
5. Bake the pizza until the cheese is melted.

YUMMMMMMM.

Some notes:
When I make my pesto, I freeze it, which means I don't add the Parmesan until I'm ready to use the pesto. However, instead of mixing in the parm, I just sprinkled it on top of the pesto once I spread it onto the pizza but before I threw on the mozzarella cheese.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment